Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military
OSU-Oklahoma City participates in Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) programs. We serve as a liaison to the DoD in processing TA and other military educational benefits.
How to use your TA benefits:
Students who meet TA requirements and want to use their TA education benefits while on active duty toward enrolled at OSU-OKC should:
- Apply for Admission to OSU-OKC
- Enroll in classes, in person or online
- Enroll for TA through your branch of service (GoArmyEd, AI Portal, etc.). Contact your unit for specific information and qualifications for tuition assistance (may vary by unit/branch of service).
- Important: All tuition waivers, including Oklahoma National Guard and Go Army Ed TA, cover the per credit hour tuition cost. All additional charges are paid by the student.
Tools/Resources for Prospective Military Students:
- College Scorecard:
- College Navigator:
- Paying for College:
- Military Transcripts
- AI Portal
- To see a Financial Aid Shopping Sheet for students who have applied for Department of Education (Federal Financial Aid), please log in to your SIS Web for Students account and select Financial Aid Shopping Sheet from the menu.
Service Obligations Interrupting Enrollment
OSU-OKC is committed to assisting active duty military students pursue their educational goals. If a military student must stop attending courses due to a service obligation, OSU-OKC has options in place to assist students with their enrollment. Several options exist depending on the length of time the student was able to attend courses. Students may refer to our academic policies in the OSU-OKC catalog regarding military students or contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
Return of Tuition Assistance Regulations
The Department of Defense regulations require OSU-OKC to return any TA funds on a proportional basis when a student fails to attend class (through the 60 percent portion of the period). If a student fails to attend or stops attending class before the 60 percent date of the specific term, OSU-OKC will be required to return some or all of the TA dollars received on behalf of the student, and the student will become responsible for payment of course tuition and fees to the institution.
For questions concerning charges to your account, please contact:
Phone: (405) 945-6748
For questions concerning your educational benefits, please contact:
Office of Veterans Services
Phone: (405) 945-8692
For information about Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits (GI Bill, REAP, VAVR), visit the Veterans Services website.