The purpose of this scholarship is to attract, recruit and retain a diverse workforce in the Oklahoma City area. OGE believes that a more diverse student population in engineering majors is important and will better prepare students for success in an increasingly multicultural workplace. The goal of the Science & Engineering Division at OSU-Oklahoma City is to provide the latest technology and instruction in the architecture, construction, engineering and science fields. The division strives to keep the latest technologies in the classroom and provide the best educational opportunity for all students. This scholarship is open to all students who meet the eligibility criteria with a preference given to underrepresented applicants.
Selected recipients may be eligible for awards up to $5,000 per year for tuition, books and fees. The recipients and award amounts will be determined by the scholarship selection committee. If selected to receive this scholarship, OGE Energy Scholars will be required to sign a commitment form agreeing to the terms of the award.
- Be obtaining one of the following associate degrees:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours) in good standing at OSU-Oklahoma City
- Meet GPA requirements
- High school GPA of 2.50 or higher for first-time students
- OR Cumulative/Graduation GPA of 2.75 or higher for applicants who have completed at least one semester in their degree program.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
HOW TO APPLY
Scholarship applicants who meet the eligibility criteria requirements should:
- Complete an application for OSU-OKC admission
- First-time college students must submit a copy of their high school transcript to the OSU-OKC Office of Admissions
- Current college students must have all official transcripts on file with the OSU-OKC Office of Admissions
- Submit this scholarship application to the office below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Student Center, First Floor
900 N. Portland Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
For general information
Call: (405) 945-9135