About Double Up Oklahoma
Beginning July 1, shoppers participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can double the fresh fruits and vegetables they purchase at the OSU-OKC Farmers Market without increasing the amount they spend.
The Fair Food Network's Double Up Food Bucks (DUO) program doubles the value of federal nutrition (SNAP or food stamps) benefits spent at participating markets and grocery stores, helping people bring home more healthy fruits and vegetables while supporting local farmers. The wins are three-fold: low-income consumers eat more healthy food, local farmers gain new customers and make more money, and more food dollars stay in the local economy.
The OSU-OKC Famers Market has been chosen to participate in the DUO program that provides a financial incentive for Oklahoma families receiving SNAP benefits to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Each market day, the DUO program will match the value of SNAP purchases made at participating farmers’ markets dollar-for-dollar to spend on fresh Oklahoma-grown produce.
There is a $20 maximum per market day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Double Up Oklahoma is a statewide healthy food incentive program. This program doubles the value (up to $20 per day) of federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) nutrition benefits spent at participating farmers markets, helping people bring home more locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- Double Up provides SNAP recipients with a one-to-one match to buy healthy, Oklahoma grown fruits and vegetables when they use their Access Oklahoma card at participating locations.
- It’s easy! Anyone receiving SNAP benefits is automatically eligible: if you have an Access Oklahoma card, you can use this program.
- Double Up Food Bucks can only be used to purchase Oklahoma grown fruits and vegetables.
- At farmers markets: Before shopping, SNAP customers should go to the information booth, where market staff can help you get started.
For More Information contact:
Farmers Market Manager
Student Center- Room 312