Complete and sign your application. Applications are available at right in Adobe PDF format or by calling (405) 945-3208. Mail your completed application or drop off with full tuition and copy of birth certificate to:
Public Safety Training Center
900 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107
$360 per student (must be paid with application).
Student must be 15 years old or older to attend the class.
Certificate of completion will be received after satisfactory completion of the state certified driver education program.
Classroom instruction is conducted at the:
Public Safety Training Center
3501 W. Reno Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Behind-the-wheel instruction is conducted one-on-one in an automatic, dual-controlled brake, driver education car. All driver training is provided by certified instructors licensed by the State of Oklahoma.
Drive times will be scheduled after the classroom portion is completed. No free makeup times for driving sessions will be provided; if needed, they will be charged at the private lesson rate.
Classroom Curriculum includes:
- Defensive driving
- Signs, signals, pavement markings and highway design
- Rules of the road, state laws and local ordinances
- Perceiving and reacting to existing traffic conditions
- Natural forces involved in driving
- Proper driving attitude
- Perceiving and reacting to motorcyclist, bicyclist and pedestrians
- Driving under adverse conditions
- Handling emergencies
- The role of alcohol and other drugs
- Related defensive driving techniques
Basic Driving Maneuvers include:
- Controlled steering
- Proper turning
- Backing maneuvers
- Angle / straight parking
- Parallel parking
- Expressway driving
- Uphill / downhill parking
- Proper lane changing
- Driving on one-way streets, two-lane streets and multiple lane streets
- Highway driving
- Downtown driving
- Brake-start and stop
- Instruments and control
- Skid avoidance and control
- Various traffic situations
Students will begin their hands-on driver training on the PDT driving facility, a secure, enclosed environment, prior to entering city streets.
- Driver's Education Road Test: $25
- Driver's Test OSU Vehicle (If you have taken OSU-OKC Driver’s Education Course): $15
- Driver’s Test OSU Vehicle (If you have not taken OSU-OKC Driver’s Education Course): $25
- Driving test done every Wednesday morning (other dates may be available). Test scheduled by appointment only.
*(OSU Vehicle mandatory)
- Processing at DPS & Tag Agency- returned to home or school: $35 per hour
- Valet service pick up at school or home within 15 miles of OSU-OKC: $75 for 3 1½ hour drives. First drive must originate from OSU-OKC.
- Additional driving time: $45 per hour
- Driving session with 2 hour minimum if you have not taken our Driver’s Education Course: $45 per hour
- Replacement certificate: $10
- Driving session missed if not cancelled within 24-hours: $25 per one-hour session
For more information, call (405) 945-3208