- Obtain an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Criminal History background check
– this must also include the Sex Offender check and Violent Offender check.* (No
more than 3 months old)
These items can be obtained at OSBI – they are located at 6600 N Harvey (405) 848-6724
Criminal arrest background checks may be obtained at Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OBSI) in Oklahoma City or you may go to www.ok.gov/osbi/Criminal_History to complete the on-line form and then fax it to O.S.B.I. To obtain your results via Fax you must have a credit card or you can go to O.S.B.I. and pay with Cash or Money Order. Fax or in person is $19. If you are enrolling at one of our outlying class sites you can get your O.S.B.I. background check through them, but each facility determines their own cost. When obtaining your O.S.B.I. by fax, make sure and check the Fax box, in upper right corner include either your fax number or you may have it sent straight to us, our Fax number is (405) 945-8616. Obtaining it by fax takes 3-5 business days, in person it takes no more than 1 hour.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Obtain a TB skin test that has been read within the last 6 months
You can obtain this from your local doctor or clinic, or one of the following places:
|Concentra Medical Services||
|6101 W. Reno (by Mathis Brothers)||
|7100 S I-35 Service Road (by Crossroads Mall)||632-1002||
|Southwest Medical Center (Employee Health)||
|4401 S. Western Drive||
|Baptist Hospital (Employee Health)||
|3300 NW Expressway (no cash accepted)||951-2903||
|OU Family Medicine (Green Clinic)||
|900 NE 10th Street||
|V.N.A. Wellness (United Founders Tower)||
|3000 United Founds Blvd., Suite 109||
|4001 Classen Blvd.||
Once you have your OSBI background check(s) and your TB test results bring those items and a photo ID to OSU-OKC at 900 N. Portland, West Education Center Room 200 8-12 or 1-5.
All students are required to read at a 9th grade reading level. All applicants must take a COMPASS reading assessment in the OSU-OKC Testing Center and score a 70 or better to be eligible to enroll in the program. A reading test will not be administered without the OSBI background check(s) and TB test results.
The course fee of $625 includes the course book, one written certification exam and one skills certification exam. If you fail one or both exams, it is your responsibility to cover the fees to retest, payable to the OSU-OKC Business Office.
The Oklahoma Health Care Authority will pay your tuition. In return you must sign a contract with OHCA stating that you agree to work in a Long term care facility that accepts SoonerCare/Medicaid funds for at least 12 months during the 24 months after class completion. You may obtain a list of qualified facilities online at www.osuokc.edu/cna. Tuition includes, one course book, one written certification exam and one skills certification exam. If you fail one or both exams, it is your responsibility to cover the fees to retest, payable to the OSU-OKC Business Office.
Students must be at least 18 years old to receive OHCA tuition waiver!
All C.N.A. students will be required to obtain at least one (1) set of navy blue scrubs by the first day of class.
You will need to go to the location nearest to you and that facility will perform an OSBI background check(s) and TB skin test for a fee to be determined at that location. They will then give you the COMPASS reading assessment, to which you must score a 70 or better to be eligible for the program. After you have successfully completed all three of these items, the facility will then allow you to complete the application and the contract with the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority.
When all of these steps have been completed, the facility will mail your packet to OSU-OKC and our office will contact you with a course date.
- Bartlesville : enroll at Bartlesville Health and Rehabilitation Community
3434 Kentucky Place, Bartlesville, OK 74006
- Elk City: enroll at Elk City Nursing Center
301 N Garrett Elk City, OK
- Enid: enroll at Greenbrier Nursing Home
1119 E. Owen K. Garriott Rd. Enid, OK
- Sallisaw: enroll at Sequoyah Manor
615 E. Redwood Sallisaw, OK
- Tulsa/Catoosa: apply at Rolling Hills Care Center
801 N. 193rd East Ave. Catoosa, OK 74015
- Pauls Valley: enroll at Washita Valley Living Center
105 Washington, Pauls Valley, OK 73075
Students receive quality non-credit training from OSU-OKC instructors while being prepared to complete the state’s Nurse Aide Competency examination**. Training focuses on communicating and interacting effectively with patients, assisting patients in maximum functional independence, observing patient rights and applying proper body mechanics in bed making, lifting, and turning patients.
The program is 96 hours and students are required to be present for the full 96 hours of training.
- 72 hours of classroom training
- 24 hours of supervised clinical training *All clinicals are from 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (for both day & evening classes)
- We offer day classes that are Monday-Friday for 12 days, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We offer night classes that are Monday–Friday for four weeks, from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. These are only available at the Oklahoma City location.
1 (800) 560-4099 ext 615
* OSBI/TB fees are determined by the Nursing Home that is hosting the OSU-OKC Nurse Aide Training Program. The fees are solely the Nursing Home’s policy on items such as copies and refunds. OSU-OKC does not receive funds for ANY TB test or OSBI reports and therefore does not give refunds on these items.
**The Certified Nurse Aide training program cannot be applied toward college credit.